Monday, June 15, 2009

WORD OF THE DAY - Monday 15 June 2009


Then Job arose, and tore his robe and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped and said, "Naked I came out of my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD. (Job 1:20-21)

O LORD, our Dear Father in Heaven ~ We lift up our souls to You on this new day that arrives with proof of Your Majesty, Power and Love. Help us to realize even more fully that we did not create ourselves and that we are not the result of some cosmic chaos. Give us strength to live each day with complete trust in Jesus, the One appointed to rule with all authority. In Christ name, Amen.

Photo: Both my grandparents on the wedding day of Kenneth Frazier and Alice Binkley. (my aunt and uncle) Grandparents are L – R, Calvin and Biddie Frazier, Samuel and Martha Binkley. Kenneth made it home after WW 2 and studied at David Lipscomb College on the GI Bill. He preached the gospel for many years in North Carolina, Ohio, Alabama, Florida, and Georgia. Uncle Ken baptized me into Christ in the YMCA swimming pool during the early days of what is now called the Eastchester Drive Church of Christ. This was during a protracted series of Gospel Meetings in 1953. I was almost 12 years old, and my brother Tim was baptized on the same day. My Dad, James G. Binkley was the first preacher at this congregaton. Jim Binkley, Alice’s brother, married my mother – Dorothy Frazier, Ken’s sister. Confused?

No comments:

Post a Comment