Saturday, August 7, 2010

WORD OF THE DAY - Saturday 07 August 2010 from Mykolayiv, Ukraine

Many things had to be taken care of yesterday in spite of the near 100 degree temperatures in the afternoon. It is time to pay our rent for the two rooms that we use at the House of Culture. One room serves as the room for our assemblies and the other for bibles, books and literature storage. I was finally able to have a meeting with the director and hand her the money. There has been a change in the administration of the building and her work place has been moved to another building. Galina is helping me on the phone by calling Elena and making clarifications on the bill and letting her know that I will be coming to her at a certain time. My Russian language skills are being revived each day while Galina is helping her mama through this period of recovery. I can't say much for my Ukrainian skills, since I have never seriously began that study. However, even though documents and public signs are mostly in Ukrainian, people in Nikolaev primarily speak Russian with a Ukrainian dialect. Galina was also in contact with Margarita who is the teacher/mom for our boys at the Boys Home. Their classroom is in serious need of some upgrades, and she sheepishly asked if we could help them purchase some paint and wallpaper, then the boys would do the work to gain valuable experience. Of course they will have a person on-hand to show them what to do and how to do it. We agreed to this, and worked things out for me to be with the boys on Monday morning. She said they have been missing us so very much since Galina is gone. God willing, I will go and be with them and teach a little English and use my stumbling Russian to communicate a Bible lesson. During the summertime it is very difficult to get a commitment from a person to help me as an interpreter. So, tomorrow I plan to do the same as last Sunday and read my prepared lesson that Galina had translated. I will blow the dust off an old sermon that I used in Magadan before. Thank you for the prayers.

Therefore the word of the Lord grew mightily and prevailed. (Acts 19:20)

С такою силою возрастало и возмогало слово Господне. (Деяния 19:20 Russian)

Так могуче росло та зміцнялося Божеє Слово! (Деяния 19:20 Ukrainian)

Almighty God, our Dear Heavenly Father ~ Thank you for the sparkling array of blessings and opportunities that greet us on this new day. Give us wisdom so that we will focus on things that are eternally important. Restore within the hearts of all believers the sincere trust in the positively mind-altering and life-changing power of the message of salvation that is contained in your Word. Help us to lovingly teach the truth with clarity and let our lives be living testimonies to the superiority of truth over error. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment